Monday, May 18, 2015

Character Interview - Anthology #mythology

Leigh Ellwood is with us today. She has a character interview to share with you, and a new work in the anthology Mythologically Torqued.
Read on for more, and be sure to leave a comment to show your love. :)
_________
Book Cover Ellwood
Leigh Ellwood – Interview with The Ferryman
Quite shortly an anthology in which I am featured, MYTHOLOGICALLY TORQUED, VOL. 1, will go up for sale. You can pre-order at Torquere Press and Amazon right now, though. My contribution, “Styx & Stone” , is the story of the lovelorn ferryman of the Styx River. It’s a great job, but it gets lonely at times. One day, though, it doesn’t.
While we’re waiting for the book to release, I sat down with Charon, the ferryman, for a quick Q&A.
I’m sure everybody really wants to know what happens when you die. Is there a tunnel, a bright light, something else before they come to you?
Charon: shrugs Hard for me to answer, since I’ve never experienced death myself. I’ve always been on the other side. I ask around, but I get different answers, so your mileage may vary.
Have you ever wanted to step out to the mortal side, even for a day?
Charon: Oh, yeah. I don’t know if I’d want to do it right now, though. Doesn’t seem like people have much fun, staring into their phones and tweeting and whatever. Now, if I had a time machine I’d go back a ways so I could visit CBGB’s or Whiskey a Go-Go in their prime.
You really like mortal rock music, it’s evident in this story. Who have you ferried over?
Charon: chuckles Well, I’m not one to name drop. Even people in the afterlife like their privacy. Let’s just say a fair number of Woodstock vets and others crossed the Styx on my watch.
Anybody from the 27 Club?
Charon: One or two.
How is Stone adjusting to the afterlife?
Charon: He’s good. He says hello. I think he’d like to take the boat out on his own once in a while, but it’s not doable. He’s not a Ferryman.
He could be, though.
Charon: That’s up to Hades. He runs the show.
Is he a tough boss?
Charon: He has a lot to manage. The other side is infinite compared to Earth. Things you never thought possible. He must have a damn good organizational system to keep track of it all.
It’s not a job you’d want, I take it.
Charon: No, no. smiles Leave me with my boat, a cooler, and a warm day.
And Stone.
Charon: That goes without saying. winks
About the Book
Mythology, whether classic or modern, has always taken readers on a magical ride. Mythologically Torqued, volume I, takes those tales from days of old, or more recent history, and places a unique spin on the beloved lore.
The gods of Olympus make appearances, as do deities from Japanese, Norse, and other belief systems. With rampant sexual desires, these gods manage to slake their thirst for passions of the flesh in a rather untraditional manner…if the oral traditions passed down from generation-to-generation were at all accurate.
These fifteen short stories are penned by both seasoned scribes and new authors; the anthology provides readers with the perfect opportunity to explore offerings from their favorite storytellers as well as find a new favorite or two. And, a unique perspective on the stories we enjoyed—or were forced down our throats at the hands of a sadistic English teacher or two—in our youth.
About Leigh
Leigh Ellwood writes romance and erotica. She enjoys reading and binge watching 70s-80s British TV. She is active on Twitter and invites you to drop her a line at @LeighEllwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it is approved by the moderator.