Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Playing House and a contest #contemporaryromance

Please welcome Tammy. She's giving us a look at her contemporary romance Playing House - offered at a super great price. And, she's hosting a contest.

Read on for details...
_________

This book is on sale for $0.99 during the tour.

Tammy will be awarding a $10 Amazon or B/N GC to a randomly drawn winner via rafflecopter during the tour.





Playing House
by Tammy J. Palmer



GENRE:  Contemporary Romance
  

BLURB:

Ginny Cotton, bike riding, chess playing, loan processor, has set a new goal: find someone to have sex with. Soon. As in tonight. It’s the only way to finally get over Jason, her best friend, the guy she’s been waiting for since high school--- the guy who is now engaged to her sister. She’s saved her virginity for him since he doesn't believe in premarital sex. What better way to get over Jason than to have sex with someone else? The hot guy Ginny meets through a dating site seems like the perfect choice. There’s only one problem. To achieve her goal, Ginny must first overcome the anxiety that has been holding her back her whole life.




EXCERPT:

Ginny awakened to her phone ringing. She picked it up off Pierce’s nightstand, saw that it was her mom. “Hello?”

“I need you to stop on the way over and pick up some yellow mustard.”

“Yellow mustard?”

“We need it for the meat and cheese tray.”

“But that’s finger food. Why do we need condiments?”

“In case someone wants to combine the meat and cheese with the mini slices of bread and make a sandwich.”

Ginny knew that tone of voice. Trying to talk reason to her mother now would be futile. “Okay.”

“And toilet paper. Your grandmother insists that we have plenty, but there are going to be a lot of people here and the last thing we want is to run out of—”

“Okay, Mom. I’ll get it.”

“The good kind, not the soft stuff that comes apart.”

“Got it.”

“What time are you going to get here?”

Go home, shower, stop at the store, drive over to Jason’s and demand to know who this “other Jason” is and try to stop the wedding. “I don't know a couple of hours.”

“Hurry, we could use your help here.”

“Okay.” Ginny set the phone on Pierce’s nightstand. She felt his hand on her shoulder and rolled over to face him.

His eyes were open but still sleepy. “Hey.”

“Hi. How’s your head?”

“The pain is unbearable. I don’t think I can get out of bed. You’re going to have to stay here and take care of me all day.”

Ginny smiled. “I wish I could skip the wedding, and spend the whole day with you, but my mother will hunt me down if I don't bring the mustard.”

“Mustard?”

“And toilet paper.”

Ginny’s phone rang.

“You don't have to answer.”

“Any other day and I’d ignore it.” Ginny rolled over and picked up her phone. It was Bryn.

“I took my engagement ring off to go in the hot tub last night and I forgot it. It’s in the bathroom at Pierce’s house. You have to drive over there and get it for me.”

Annoyed at Bryn’s demanding tone, Ginny started to ask her what she’d been doing in the hot tub in the first place, but thought better of it. This was her sister’s wedding day and she was not going to do anything to mess it up, except, possibly, talk the groom out of saying “I do.” “I’ll bring it. So how are you two feeling this morning? You both had a lot to drink.”

“I’m okay, better than Jason is anyway. I’m on my way to Grandma’s now to get ready. Jason begged me to let him sleep for another hour or two, poor guy.”

This was good news. It gave Ginny time to talk to Jason before the wedding.

Follow the tour and comment; the more you comment, the better your chances of winning. The tour dates can be found here: 



a Rafflecopter giveaway






AUTHOR Bio and Links:

Tammy J. Palmer lives in Portland, Oregon with her husband of twenty-five years and a spoiled cat named Betty Boop. She has two children who turned into pretty darned awesome adults. You can visit her website at: www.tammyjpalmer.com

LINKS:








Thanks so much for reading today's post. Hope you enjoyed it!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Please feel free to share the post via FB, Twitter, Google+ and more...share buttons below. :)

14 comments:

Your comment will appear once it is approved by the moderator.