Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Demons and a contest #ParanormalRomance #Contest

Please welcome Brenda Huber. Brenda's next installment in Chronicles of the Fallen has just released. Sounds great and I love the cover.

Read on for more info about this great book and a contest...


_________




Purchase links:








Blurb:

Chronicles of the Fallen, Book 4

A legendary sword isn't the only thing this merciless demon desires...

Possessed of immeasurable patience and an unrelenting drive for justice, Sebastian, the Demon of Vengeance, has finally met his match. His mission is to keep the new Guardian safe until the Sword of Kathnesh is retrieved, but the aggravating woman insists on throwing herself into harm’s way at every opportunity.

Finding the sacred relic is Phoebe Mackenzie’s task, and protecting it is her family’s legacy. But when Sebastian resorts to magic to save her life, he unwittingly exposes a secret sealed deep within her—and paints a target on her back no demon can resist. As Phoebe fights to hold on to her identity, Sebastian’s oldest nemesis vows to use any and all means to force Sebastian into a fight to the death—including targeting his mate. Sebastian will do whatever it takes to preserve the barriers between Earth and Hell. But in unleashing the raging storm inside him, he risks losing the woman he loves.


Excerpt:


The Guardian looked so bedraggled and shell-shocked, leaning against the wall of the cave as if it were the only thing keeping her upright. Her hair was a mess. Her clothing was torn and bloodied, hanging from her in shreds. And the scent of her fear was sharp, stirring his anger.

But she blinked up at him, the will to survive written all over her beautiful face. Something jumpstarted inside his chest, as if a livewire had been hooked up directly to his soul…or the withered empty husk of what was left of his soul anyway. For a moment, he lost his purpose. Lost his train of thought. Lost his very reason for tracking her here. All he could see, all he could hear, or smell, or sense was this female. He didn’t know why, only that those stunning eyes of hers had captivated him somehow.

She flinched and readjusted her grip on her bloody shoulder.


If he could have, Sebastian would have brought every one of Sïnsobar’s minions back so he could rip them apart all over again. But his rage wouldn’t help her. And so he battled for calm. Battled to hear the voice of reason inside his own head.

Sebastian thrust his now clean hand out once more. “Come on, we have to hurry.”

Her emerald green stare turned to the mouth of the cave over a hundred yards away. He
watched, awed and more than a little irritated, as she pushed to her feet and began wobbling her way toward the exit. She cut a wide arc around him, refusing his assistance. Between each unsteady step, she braced a shaking hand on the rough cave wall, leaving smears of blood in her wake. Her pace was slow and labored, but she hadn’t uttered a sound.

After what she’d just seen, after what she’d just been through, he couldn’t fathom how she was still even conscious.

She was stubborn.

She was strong.

She was…

“Magnificent,” he whispered.

He wanted to let her keep whatever shreds of pride she still clung to with such fierce
determination, yet he knew they didn’t have time. He hadn’t exaggerated. Sin could return
at any moment.

She took a misstep and nearly went to her knees, catching herself at the last moment.
Sebastian’s heart lurched. With his chest aching in an odd, uncomfortable way, Sebastian
strode forward.

“I’m sorry, professor, but we’re gonna have to do this my way.”




Praise for Brenda Huber…

"Ms. Huber is an author who makes every page look effortless."   ~ says Catherine Bybee, New York Times and USA Today Bestselling Author 

"Temptation by Brenda Huber is imaginative, vibrant and completely addictive...  Another amazing tale from this compelling series!" ~ Fresh Fiction Reviews 

"[Brenda Huber's] ability to infuse romance, action and humor...will certainly keep me coming back for more. Reading Chronicles of the Fallen Series is a must for any PNR fan." ~ The Jeep Diva

“Thrilling, dangerous and seductive… Brenda Huber has done it again with her continuation of a fantastic plot, amazing characters and sizzling passion.”  ~Fresh Fiction Reviews says of The Seer

"With danger, passion, sexy demons…, and a lot of action, THE SLAYER by Brenda Huber is a new favorite of mine." ~Fresh Fiction Reviews

"Ms. Huber has the ability to draw you into the story and keep you thoroughly entertained." ~ The Romance Review

" Author Brenda Huber has crafted a tale that will ensnare the mind and enrapture the heart..."  ~Long and Short Romance Reviews

"Ms. Huber has a gift with weaving emotions and building characters..." ~Seriously Reviewed

"Amazingly well written...A gripping story of magical creatures...You just can't put this book down." ~Nocturne Romance Reads


Author Bio:

I’ve always been an avid reader.  With that love of books came a passion to write them.  The first romance novel I ever picked up (and probably still one of my all time favorites) was Captive Bride by Johanna Lindsey.  I own every book she has out.  I have too many other favorite authors that I loyally read to list,  but I tend to lean more toward Paranormal Romance, of course, as well as Suspense and Historical.  I am a determined gardener, despite the fact that my family claims I have a black thumb.  Even I will admit that plants in my household have a 50/50 shot…but I refuse to give up.  I love to study history, particularly that of the American West and Civil War, and Revolutionary War, Medieval European history, and Egyptian history.  Eclectic, I know, but there it is.  I prize spending time with my children above all else.  I live in Iowa with my wonderful husband, my two children, and my very spoiled dog Sam. You can learn more by visiting me on my website (brendahuber.webs.com), or following me on Facebook (http://on.fb.me/1F4VsNc) and Twitter (@b_hubie).    


Social Media links:


Twitter:  @b_hubie

Instagram:  author_brenda_huber

Facebook: 


Giveaway Details:

In the week leading up to the Release Day for Demon of Vengeance, I will be announcing a drawing on my webpage and my author page on Facebook.  I will be announcing the winner on June 28th on my webpage and my social media outlets.  Winner will receive one signed paperback copy of Demon of Vengeance, and a bonus signed copy of Temptation.











Thanks so much for reading today's post. Hope you enjoyed it!
Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Please feel free to share the post via FB, Twitter, Google+ and more...share buttons below. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment will appear once it is approved by the moderator.